10 Very Interesting People (VIP) in Data Mining
During 2009 I was impressed and influenced by a lot of people in the data mining field. Among them, I have retained 10 data miners which I think made an impressive work in 2009. This work may be raising interesting discussions, proposing solutions, promoting data mining, etc. I have also added, when known, their website/blog and Twitter account. Note that this list is completely subjective and has no specific order:
- Gregory Piatetsky: Author of the most popular newsletter in the data mining community, he has recently updated his website with new content. You can now subscribe with RSS and you can find KDnuggets on Twitter. Gregory does an amazing job in collecting data mining related information, analyzing it and distributing it to data miners (website, twitter).
- Bruce Ratner: He is author and his website contains several articles about data mining. He has recently been very active on social networks such as LinkedIn (website).
- Ajay Ohri: I think this is the most active blogger in the data mining field. He is very active on many social networks and has an excellent collection of interviews with key people in data mining and related fields (blog, twitter).
- Vincent Granville: As the creator of AnalyticBridge, Vincent has made a great job in building a community of people specialized in analytics fields. His network links more than 6600 members. So, it’s time to subscribe! (website, twitter).
- Matthew Hurst: He is the author of the very famous blog “Data Mining: Text Mining, Visualization and Social Media”. He is very active on his blog on topics such as social media and data mining the blogosphere (blog, twitter).
- Dean Abbott & Will Dwinnell: I put them together since they are co-bloggers. Abbott’s Analytics is an excellent blog (one of my favorite) related to data mining. When reading the posts, you can really feel the experience of the authors (blog).
- Greg Linden: His famous blog – Geeking with Greg – is well known for a while now. He writes very informative posts about personalization related topics (blog).
- Matt Cuts: He mainly writes about Google stuffs and SEO. However, he is also well know in the data mining world since several posts are directly or indirectly related to this field (blog).
- Themos Kalafatis: He writes a lot about text mining (social network mining, etc.) and his posts are very practical. It is always a pleasure to read his blog (blog, twitter).
- Randall Matignon: He is the author of very comprehensive books on SAS Enterprise Miner. You can find all information about his books on his webpage (website).
If you have been impressed by other people in the field of data mining, feel free to comment this post.
how to care for your earsWhen you invest $1,000 we realize the fact for our customer in the linear business is probably over $1,000, because we also count the programming discounts that you give people. And if that customer’s going to have you’ve got to look at the choices that that customer has today, and then you have to look at what choice is that customer going to have two years or three years from now before you get your payback. And as one of the earlier questioners asked about, DIRECTV is going to launch or AT is going to launch their own OTT service. The fake oakleys
Rams are expected to be St. Louis’ for at least one more season. The NFL has said no franchises would relocate before the 2015 season and the Rams have not applied to move. Tips WarningsBecause it can lead to incredible shrinkage, be sure to resist the temptation to use hot water when cleaning your football receiving gloves. While it may cheap oakleys
initially make sense to use hot water, using cold water will be your most safe bet. Even with this knowledge, however, it is also important that you adhere to the washing instructions as published on the product’s package by the manufacturer. It’s not unusual for an A List actor to seek 20 percent of a movie’s gross profits in addition to their negotiated salary, but a new fiscal attitude in Hollywood is likely to affect future salaries. Overpaid A Listers are becoming a financial problem in the industry. For example, Will Ferrell box office flop, “Land of the Lost,” cost $100 oakley outlet
million cheap authentic jerseys
to make but earned only $65 million. “My love of the San Francisco 49ers all started when my nan and granddad went to San Francisco and got me a Cheap NFL Jerseys
49ers cap that oakley outlet
was when they were really good in the Nineties. I’ve been out to watch them live and saw them play at the New York Jets this season. I have a feeling the 49ers will win. Other states that passed eugenics laws: Idaho, Utah, Maine, Mississippi, North South Carolina, West Virginia, Arizona, Delaware, New Hampshire, Oklahoma Maine. Immigration. During the first two decades of the 20th century, 600,000 1,250,000 immigrants per year entered the country through Ellis Island (except during World War I). For the jersey that is authentic, you will find that it has been embroidered but for the replicas, the Cheap nfl jerseys
text is usually printed as this is the way that the procedure can be shortened. These are NFL stitched jerseys that are no doubt much costly, but you have the satisfaction that you are getting a chance to wear the same quality of jersey that is being worn by the players and Hollywood celebrities. At the end of the day, this is what will make the authentic jersey worth it..