Stock Picking using Data Mining: Parameter Tuning
It is known that in data mining projects, one can spend 80% of the time for data preprocessing and the remaining 20% for the data mining task itself. However, when data mining is integrated in an overall system (such as a stock picking system), an important task is to tune the parameters of the overall system.
For example, in the above mentioned system, there are several parameters to fix in order to obtain satisfying results. Here is a list of these parameters:
- Number of stocks to analyze (depends on the computational resources)
- Number of stocks to select as the best ones (fixed number or with a threshold on the validation accuracy and the minimum number of trades)
- Short or long term prediction (predict increase/decrease of given stocks in X days)
- Confusion matrix for the classifier (how to penalize the errors of the classifier)
- Size of the shifting window (i.e. size of the training/validation set)
These parameters will vary according to each project. For example, you can have a look at the parameters mentioned in a post by Themos Kalafatis. Feel free to comment and give examples of parameters that you have to tune.
In a study done at State University fake ray ban sunglasses
of New York, it was found that college women who were doing the four legged polka without benefit of condoms showed fewer signs of depressive behavior than those who used condoms regularly or abstained from sex. Why? Because semen is only about three percent sperm. The rest includes mood elevating compounds like endorphins, estrone, prolactin, oxytocin, and serotonin. “You’ve got to give hats off to Jacoby today going out there,” Gronkowski said. “Much respect to him going out there and doing what he did today as a rookie, so hats off to our quarterbacks. They cheap jerseys from china
did a tremendous job the first four weeks and obviously it’s exciting to get Tom back tomorrow.”. Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon has accomplished something that legendary wideouts such as Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Michael Irvin, Steve Largent and Cris Carter never did. With 261 yards receiving in Cleveland’s 33 28 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, Gordon became the first player in NFL history with consecutive 200+ yard receiving games. Perhaps most impressively, he managed to do this with beleaguered quarterback Brandon Weeden under center for the Browns in those games.. Warriors coach Andrew McFadden said his team had made it hard for themselves, “but there was still a fake oakleys
lot to like”. “We obviously dominated possession and had our fair share of field position, we just couldn’t get that killer blow. They defended well and we just lost our way when those errors crept in at the wrong time.”. Many “NBA 2K14” players have reported issues connecting to the 2K server, which stores save files and rosters, making it impossible to play even single player mode. If you are experiencing this, you are not alone. Luckily, there are temporary solutions to help you play your game right away. I guess the problem for me is I can ray ban sunglasses
very vividly remember laying across my father knee with my rear exposed while I struggled and cried and wholesale jerseys
begged my mom to help me Wholesale NFL Jerseys
and not let him hit me, all the while she stood there with her arms crossed telling me I deserved it. Although I can remember this happening, I can for the life of me remember what I DID WRONG to it. To think of putting my child in that position, scared and cheap nfl jerseys
crying and begging for the one person who should always be on his side to help him, and being denied that help It just breaks my heart.. USC held a 9 7 lead at halftime, and then coach Pete Carroll said he expected his team to overpower UCLA in the second half, like we always do. UCLA defense kept coming. The secondary kept shifting. Sat on opposite ends of the proverbial high school lunchroom. Leap was a science fiction show about a handsome nerd that frequently dressed its main character up like a woman and occasionally bridged over into the paranormal. Magnum was a show about an awesome dude who drove a sports car, beat the shit out of people and had sex with all of the vaginas in Hawaii.