Data Mining Analyst
Waterfront International is a Toronto-based financial consulting firm, specializing in developing computer based statistical trading strategies. Waterfront’s selective hiring process considers only highly talented individuals with a history of exceptional professional and academic achievement, and solid real-world experience.
- Perform financial market data research and analysis to identify and resolve data issues using advanced data mining techniques.
- Develop proprietary data mining tools and applications.
- Develop predictive models.
Requirements of the Candidate include:
- PhD or Masters in mathematics, statistics or computer science specializing in data mining.
- Experience with machine learning and knowledge discovery techniques.
- Solid quantitative background with excellent analytical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining and statistics.
- Must possess expert level C/C++ programming skills.
- Some financial experience desired but not required.
- Must be a strong self-starter and able to work well independently.